Skip to main content

Gift #6: General Conference

Okay, today I did a video instead. Creating a video is a lot like singing Beyonce's "Halo"- it sounds effortless...until you actually try it out yourself. At least my lipstick looked great!

So, I know that artists shouldn't use disclaimers, but I'm not an artist. I'm a writer. So I claim whatever I want..if I have the evidence to back it up. Unless I'm Donald Trump.

Disclaimer: I'm sorry for saying "umm" so many times and for looking away from the camera so many times. Also, I was exhausted, not indifferent when I filmed this. #unscripted

Enjoy!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marriage, Tornadoes, Chocolate, and Other Buzzwords

I’m surprised Child Protective Services hasn’t taken custody of my blog yet, given how much I neglect it. But you know what they say, absent parents make for interesting adults. (Wow, that was kind of dark.) Let’s lighten things up. I got married last month! Some of you already know this, but to others, this is breaking news. I think it’s because Facebook didn’t say I was married until a few days ago. And if it’s not on Facebook, it never happened. Existential social media discussions aside, this post is a comprehensive update of my life today. You’ll get the inside scoop on my current whereabouts, my favorite podcasts, desired pastimes–everything you need to know to hack my passwords. I know, I know, that’s what journals are for. But most days I can barely read my own handwriting. And if I want my post-cursive posterity to know me in this Year of the Dog, I must leave an online record. GRANESSABAMA Granessabama is the name of this new chapter in my life and pot...

Single's Awareness Day

I just couldn't resist using this picture.  Wasn't Single's Awareness Day celebrated yesterday? Well, technically yes. But, according to Wikipedia, SAD is often celebrated on 13th or 15th as well. I think it is best to celebrate it on a Friday because this day most clearly exposes my singularity...you know, because I'm at home. Alone. Writing a blog. Eating chocolate. Alone. But, my friends, today is a holiday! Let it not go unnoticed because there are many perks to being single. By the end of reading this post, you will throw away your self-pity and relish in your fantastic life and make all your coupled friends feel jealous. 1. He's attractive. And so is he. HIM, too. Because I am single, I can think anyone is attractive and tell the whole world if I want to. If I had a boyfriend, I won't be able to divulge my celebrity crushes without making him feel uncomfortable, jealous, and angry. Let's face it; I don't want to make him feel bad because ...

My Name is Anessa, I Have a Blog, and I'm Mormon

Last weekend, I was sick. So in between staring at Facebook, doing homework, blowing my nose, and crying during Titanic , I watched A LOT of "I'm a Mormon" videos. (Have no idea what I'm talking about? Scroll to the bottom of the page.) Most of you know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as the the Mormon Church. If you didn't, well...I am. Ta-dah! Now, it seems that some people get jittery when the subject of religion comes up. RELAX. I'm not really going to focus on religion in this post, nor will I try to convert you or condemn you. So, relax.  ANYWAYS.  Like all YouTube videos, the "I'm a Mormon" videos receive a plethora of rude, inconsiderate comments. I think many of these comments, though, come from people who don't fully understand the videos and their purpose. Thus, I want to talk about these videos, why they exist, and why I love them.  1. These videos are not trying to...